I love my daughter. I love my neices. I think that they have taught me the most. Especially, about reading. Lately, I have come across some really wonderful junior fiction books. One in particular is "i can't tell you." by Hillary Frank.
If you have read my writing, one could probably notice, I am not too excited about craft. I have been schooled and trained in writing, creative writing, but Allen Ginsburg changed my mine indefinitely when he stated "F**k Craft." These books have changed craft and opened minds of the young writers and I hope parents will read what their children do.
The point of this, reading these contempory junior fiction books, I realize that in these times, everything is possible. Children are becomming increasingly smarter, loosing their innocence at an earlier time than "we" did, but in deep-thought, those, like my little ones, have choose a path of education. With these books, they can realize that life is not living in a bubble and there is more to life than barbie dolls and being spoilied. And although junior fiction books maybe bought by the younger generation, I think adults should read them too. The lessons learned will be endless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment