Wednesday, October 24, 2007

SHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

everybody is a shhhhhhhhhhhhh!
they want so much to be heard that they only listen to their own voice
because when said louder it rings out...louder maybe someone will hear.
but what if you been listening all along?
what if you watch those faces that pass you and you just know underneath a wrinkle or a smile, there is a story that is shouting to people who are not listening.

in the bar, there is always conversation
there is always some kind of look for perfection
and people are clinking their drinks and drying out.

they believe I am not listening, when the guy next to me is pulling at my skirt.
I want to say something, but I am remembered of the past
so I shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
just like you shhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
but your louder because people like you
your new and loved
I am old and damaged

you ask for my heart
it is not an option
but I listened all along
even when there were needle marks
even when you could not promise the world
even when you could not go because your anxiety was too much.
I was quiet.

everybody has a story.
everybody talks loud to be heard, but sometimes it is better to be shhhhhhhhhhhhh!

No comments: